We offer numerous learning experiences that meet certain core standards for kindergarten through 6th grade. Students will be able to:
- Ddifferentiate between plants and animals
- Identify basic needs for plants and animals
- Describe plant development and growth
- Locate plant parts
- Describe the function of these plant parts: leaves, stems, flowers, and roots
Students will also learn that the production of goods requires natural and human resources, and they will recognize the product associated with the natural resources from which it is created.
Rates and Scheduling
We offer school group discounts beginning September 22nd through October 31st. Discounts include:
- A guided trip through the corn maze
- A hayride
- Farm animals
- A train ride
- Play time
- Cotton picking
- Duck races
- Picnic area
- Three acres of sunflowers
- A pumpkin to take home
Admission is $8.00 per student or parent. Staff are free. Concessions are available during this time, but we encourage students to bring a sack lunch.
Early bird special - $1.00 off admission for schools that book before September 1st for trips to the farm between September 22nd through October 6.
In order to offer guided trips, homeschool groups must have a minimum of 25 students and parents. We do not count those ages two and under, since they are free. We offer trips for homeschool groups on Mondays and Tuesday all day, and afternoons only on Wednesday through Fridays. This assures your visits do not coincide with public schools visits and offers a less crowded environment.
Daycares and Special Needs Students
We offer group discounts to daycares and special needs students on Mondays and Tuesdays, and afterenoons on Wednesday through Friday. Those days are typically less crowded and we are able to provide more staff to assist students. We do not require a minimum number for these groups. We do charge those under two and under if they belong to the daycare or school, but we do not charge siblings under the age of two.
Our farm is wheelchair accessible.
We prefer school check or credit card. Purchase orders will be accepted with prior approval. We discourage cash payment as cash has to be counted in front of teachers and often delays the start of field trip. Receipts will be provided for each school. Students are to turn their money into the school prior to the visit. Parents and siblings pay at the gate the day of the visit. Schools, please do not collect the parent's admission. They will be asked to pay at the gate. No checks will be accepted from parents. Cash and credit card only.
- Each group (25 to 50 students and parents) will be provided a guide that will assist with each activity during the day.
- Concessions are available every day, but we encourage public school students and parents to bring a sack lunch. We provide approx. 50 picnic tables for use during lunch.
- We provide 11 standard porta potties and one handicap accessible porta potty. Hand sanitizer is provided at porta potties, concessions, and barnyard.
- A general store will be open everyday and we ask that students be accompanied by an adult.
- Smoking is not permitted on the farm, but is permitted in the parking area.
- Parking is free and plentiful and parking attendants will be available. We offer bus parking and accessible parking.
- We offer complimentary wagons to assist teachers and staff with lunches and pumpkins.